Practicum (Required, 2 credits hrs)
Prof. Nancy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Li-juing Wu, Dean, School of Educaiton (email@example.com)
To connect to Taiwan schools, classrooms and teachers.
To apply learner-centered instruction practices to real teaching sessions.
Below should be considered a flexible and loose schedule, because we will need to dance with the practicum institution and its schedule.
1. Professors get to know students’ background and their career/thesis directions
2. Professors and students collaboratively develop a meaningful practicum plan that’s tied to your career/thesis.
3. Visit practicum institutions and mentors.
4. Confirm practicum institution, mentor, time/responsibilities
1. Enter practicum institution to observe, hopefully participate peripherally.
2. Start thinking about the details of your practicum product that’s meaningful to the practicum institution and people there. The product can be a teaching project, a teaching plan, a manual or a video, etc. Discuss with your professor and mentor.
1. Develop practicum product (v.1) with professor and mentor.
2. Try out product (v.1), collect data, revise accordingly to come up with product (v.2) under the supervision of professor and mentor.
1. Implement product (v.2), collect data, revise accordingly to come up with product (final version) under the supervision of professor and mentor.
2. Make a PPT report the process and product
1. Show & Tell
2. Celebration of learning